For the recreational diver who has recently crossed over into the technical realm and is looking to improve their fundamental skills, TDA truly comprehensive and personal course, Technical Foundations is designed to fully evaluate your skills as a diver in preparation for all other Tech classes.
No eLearning is provided for this class- classroom sessions and in-water critique of skills. I Technical Foundations course is the one!
TDI Technical Foundations course is designed as a preparatory course for the TDI Advanced Nitrox and TDI Decompressions Procedures Course. Objective of the course:
- Develop student skills with technical equipment configurations
- Expand on gas planning techniques within a no-decompression profile
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Minimum certification is SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent
- Proof of 25 logged open water dives
- Minimum of 6 dives must be conducted, none deeper than 40feet/12meters
- No overhead environments
Skills to be covered:
- Sidemount or Doubles setup configured properly
- Dive computer (additional backup dive computer or depth gauge and bottom timer recommended)
- Appropriate Exposure protection for environment
- Slates/Wet notes
- Primary and Backup Mask
- Primary and Backup Light
- Line cutting device
- Primary and Backup ascent reel with surface marker buoy (Ascent reel- suitable for depth, Surface marker buoy- suitable lift and size for diving environment)
- Land drills: Equipment preparation, Team Skills (tandem marker buoy deployment, gas matching, hand signals, dive planning)
- Pre-Dive drills: S.T.A.R.T. drills, Stress analysis and mitigation
- In-Water drills: Weight & Buoyancy check/control, Anti-silt kicking techniques, Emergency skills and procedures without losing positional control
- Situational Awareness
PLEASE NOTE: Actual class date is determined by both student and instructor once eLearning is completed and receipt/setup of any specialized equipment. Class size is limited to 4 students in order to allow for maximum student-instructor contact time. Training may require travel and hotel which are not included in the cost of the class.